25 March 2015

5th Blogiversary

Crocuses in our garden
This blog started on 25 March 2010 as a blog to document my camping journeys with my friends. After that first post, things just got busy and I didn't start blogging regularly until the following year. After that I came down with a mystery illness, now diagnosed as ME, so while I've had to leave camping behind, I didn't want to leave nature behind.

Not being able to spend much time in nature, gave me plenty of time to learn about it. So, in this blog I've written lots about the science behind plants and I've used the blog as a way to post photos and identifications of many species of plant, animal, and fungi. I also blog every now and then about Geocaching, outdoor swimming and the night sky.

I've never had a long term plan for this blog and I don't know where it will end up. But, I want to thank everyone that reads what I post, especially the long term readers.


All the best,
Tim

Partial Solar Eclipse (complete with cloud cover!), Wiltshire, 2015

6 comments:

  1. And best wishes to you, Tim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy blogoversary, Tim! I wondered if you were able to see the eclipse. We missed out here in North America this time, so it's been a treat to see photos like yours. I hope you are able to get back to camping at some point, since you enjoy it so much. I wonder if an air mattress would help for sleeping? We don't camp much anymore, but during our most recent camp-outs, air mattresses made a huge difference in the comfort level for sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really hope I can get back into camping someday too - especially with the little one on the way. Thanks for your suggestion, I really appreciate it. I used to use an air mattress when I first started and moved on to a very thin self-inflating mattress, which I found more comfortable. However, with the illness even bed mattresses feel like lying on rock and I use quite a few pillows in different configurations to try to minimise the discomfort.

      Delete
  3. Wishes to you too Tim, have enjoyed your post, they are interesting and informative.
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading and replying to your comments, but please do not use this space for advertising!